Sunday, July 27, 2008

Its about time !

As many might have been wondering already (with lots of hopes of course!), that this space is not getting updated at all for quite some time now and it is time for some explanation and a possible sleep mode till I get space to view some movies. Most of my friends might know and the readers of the review “The Dark Knight” might have noticed that I am in India right now under the wings of mom, dad, brother, his wife and mainly the king of all, my nephew. He is about to complete his 6 months in becoming and advancing the realm of cutest baby as it would run for any one who see a baby in their family. Hence you can understand it is not the matter of being hands full but the slightest sensation of disturbance for regular naps of the little emperor. But even beyond that are the soap operas at critical time of 9:30 PM to align my brother to view films I have brought on, it is more of family time too.

But that should not stop me from posting or even writing something, yet there are some conditions laid upon to open this laptop too (and a fairly deteriorating one). I believe to have surpassed jet lag but a tooth extraction yesterday has done craziness to the routine which I thought have mastered in 5 days and that makes this post to be typed around 5:02 AM Indian Standard Time.

Anyways, while I strongly feel lot of guilt in not quenching the film spree and writing about it, I eat amazing foods home made with unexplainable taste quality like Remy does in “Ratatouille”. My mom does it with such simplicity and consistency that it simply blows the senses out of this world. Truly an enthralling treats for the demised taste buds eating the great cuisines of subway, early morning break fast restaurants, drunk foods (sparsely), taco bell (Instant guilty pleasure and punishment by the time reach my home) and finally the deadliest of all, my own.

Of course, I still get complaints on not considerably dedicating “family” time which I sadly have to admit that I need to put effort upon in the midst of uneven sleeping and going outside to meet a friend and with my brother too. Week One is already over and it is running great and at the same time fast. In the meantime, I managed to make my brother sit and watch “Once” which he liked. Hopefully I am able to sneak him out along with Mathi to view “The Dark Knight”.

In the couple of days, I have been thinking a lot about films and how they make such a mark on many of us and especially it ignites a passion in me. Clearly I have transferred on to a level of taste, tolerance and appreciation for any kind of films. And more than that is the obsession I have created in the past one and half years. In fact I have kind of become a “film viewing Nazi” in “Seinfeld” term. I have come to get annoyed by any small interruption, whoever it might be. Of course it goes inside as frustration than anger; I still wish and love to watch films with the people who I want to discuss that with. It is contradictory as it seems but it is the pure pleasure of appreciating films as such. I have been planning to do that with my brother Barath and of course Mathi which seems to appear bleaker and bleaker. Yet, hope is there and wish I could capture those discussions in this space and relish with you all.

Again, I am terribly sorry if some of you have visited/is visiting this space with the expectation I have set in frequency of postings (I cannot be desperate than this). I will try to make up after returning. It is going to be a special agenda which would trump many other important appointments (actually there are none). I would obviously try to post one or two reviews by the time of return to keep this blog alive. Till then, keep your fingers crossed because I might just surprise you with sporadic postings.

2 comments:

Aru said...

Dont worry boss..take ur time and enjoy ur time off !!

Satish said...

Have fun!
Donot dare to come as single!!